Marina Antunes [Cathode Ray Mission 07.25.14] zombies drama

We all knew Terminus wasn't going to be a happy place and from this extended season five trailer, it certainly looks like Terminus is going to be more trouble than its worth.

What else is new.

I must admit I haven't been loving the last few seasons of AMC's "The Walking Dead." The show has occasional flashes of genius and then stretches of two or three episodes that are completely uninteresting. And yet I continue to watch because it's still one of the better things on TV (and I have a secret hope that it will return to the season two greatness).

It certainly looks like season five is going to be a good one full of drama, zombies and maybe even a cure.

"The Walking Dead" returns October 12.

chuck (8 years ago) Reply

'And yet I continue to watch because it's still one of the better things on TV'

That's like saying 'I keep dating him because he's the nicest guy in the court ordered anger management class'.
American TV is a wasteland, especially for SF and PA. Anything promising gets watered down and mangled beyond recognition (Did anyone involved even read The Last Ship?) At least the BBC is doing stuff like Orphan Black, Black Mirror, Utopia and The Misfits.

Marina (8 years ago) Reply

I didn't read THE LAST SHIP and I sure as hell am not watching it. Looks terrible.

As for British TV, I can't argue with your comments and I'm watching all of those (though THE MISFITS is done now no?).

UTOPIA IS KILLING IT. Season 2 is some of the best TV I've ever seen.

chuck (8 years ago) Reply

The Last Ship was a good old-school post atomic war story that relied on cooperation rather than the disintegration of society trope that is so popular now. The writing is a bit old fashioned and wordy, but it was a good read. The show is total garbage. It makes the WWZ film look like a faithful adaptation of the novel.
I agree, Utopia is awesome.

donc48 (8 years ago) Reply

I must have gotten on the wrong form I was expecting Walking Dead comments. Can somebody explain this Utopia thing of which you all speak? I looked it up and found a reality show that by the trailer makes Naked and Afraid look like Lawrence of Arabia. Please tell me I'm wrong. BTW looks like they're looking to wind up the series.

Marina (8 years ago) Reply

Yes it does look like they're winding up.

Utopia s2 trailer:

You're welcome

chuck (8 years ago) Reply

OK sort of WD related- I was watching Frank Darabont's adaptation of The Mist the other day and boom- there's Carol- same hair cut and all. It threw me for a second. I was expecting Andrea to walk in at any minute and start following Mrs. Carmody.
As for the possible wind up of the series- that may be best. End the series on a high note and give us a movie that would take us back to the cinematography of the first season.

donc48 (8 years ago) Reply

Holy Crap!!! I've seen the Utopia trailer, the opening six minutes, and another video on youtube. This just looks oddly thrilling. Like that thrill you get up your leg when you know the walkers about to reek havoc. OH BTW Thanks Marina your Awesome!!!

Marina (8 years ago) Reply

The first season of Utopia is pretty fantastic but the second season so far is spectacular. Well worth a look.

Winbob (8 years ago) Reply

I just hope the action keeps up and the characters keep moving and we see new locations.

As much as I like the show it was starting to get boring/more of the same when ever they find a place to stay.

It's like they drag things on for a whole season when it could have been done with in half the time.

Speedy (8 years ago) Reply

I stopped watching Walking Dead about 3 eps after they go tot the jail.
I have read the trade paper backs up to edition 18 or so (When they are in the housing estate and meet "Jesus?" Is the TV series worth watching? Should I try to get back into it? (I have trouble with people being whiny idiots on TV, and wish Carl dead with a vengence...)