Christopher Webster [Cathode Ray Mission 05.20.09] Tuvalu news scifi video

The first trailer has finally appeared for ABC's re-imagining of V, the 80s alien invasion miniseries that shocked a nation (okay well maybe it didn't shock anyone but it was dang fun) and I'll admit to being intrigued. While not totally blown away by anything in it except a ton of alien ships, I remain mildly interested to see what ABC has in store for us with their re-imagining.

One thing is for sure though; the "V" pilot will be FX heavy. Lots of shots of motherships hovering over cities here people.

The new V also stars a pretty stellar cast including Lost's Elizabeth Mitchell, Alan Tudyk (Firefly, Dollhouse), Joel Gretsch (Push, Minority Report) and many more.

Trailer after the break!

Trailer

Looks like it's poorly written, reminds me all these bad sci-fi shows that were canceled mid season.
More meaningful looks and applause scenes is what we need on our TV.

Hot Fuzz (11 years ago) Reply

That is one bad promo picture. Sheesh.

Actually, I think it looks rather interesting. Particularly for a major network, no?

is this the caprica trailer? Sci-fi is turning into drama. Sick and twisted sci-fi drama for adults. Is this the new sci-fi fab. looks re-imaged like BSG. is this what happens when you mix reality tv with Sci-fi tv ?
I cant say if its good or bad until we watch the pilot then its all about your own individual taste if you like it or not.

ratdawg (11 years ago) Reply

It looks rather predictable,and boring

Wolf (11 years ago) Reply

Obama Administration is going to be pissed when they see this.

quietearth (11 years ago) Reply

What are they going to do to my pet lizard?!

bad dog (11 years ago) Reply

When is Dick Cheney going to tear off his face and show us the lizard king? Come on, Dick. You know you want to show us what you do with the bodies after you torture people to death. Yummy.

Actually, this promo wasn't bad. The show looks to be about the best you could expect from ABC, in fact, where every show they do has to please the lowest common denominator. Hey, at least it's not yet another smug fat dumb guy who verbally spars with his wisecracking hot wife and hip rascally kids.

Two words. Space Lizards. I, for one, am excited.

Get your hands off me you damn dirty... space lizards?

Looks like another religious propaganda. Aliens (science and atheism) versus religion (old traditions and family values). It's pretty obvious who are the bad guys and who will win.
With such content this is going to be absolute hit. I predict at least 4 seasons with great ratings. And I am not being sarcastic at all.

Isawa Mitaka (11 years ago) Reply

As someone who loved the original 2 mini-series (and even the rather mediocre TV series), I'm curious to see how this one comes out. Unlike some, I'll judge it on it's merits once I see it, and not based off the trailer.

patbeccamark (11 years ago) Reply

Get your billed feet off me you damn dirty lizards!!!!!!!

just nuke them like in id4

Jonas (11 years ago) Reply

"Looks like another religious propaganda."

Taking that sentence about the aliens using our devotion makes it sound more like the aliens are using humans penchant for faith to control us. Much like major religions has done in the past. I'd take that as more of an anti-religion stance.

Or maybe the show is just against new religions where we worship aliens and the old human religion will be the good guys.

HAHAHAHAHHAHA its like republican post-election propaganda!!! :D i love it.

but waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to spoilery. we didnt need to kno just yet that the aliens are actually ugly green crocos in wrapped in fake human skin. oh man. still, looks cool.

If this a re-image then the aliens cant be lizards, maybe the aliens are mutant turtles, lovable on the outside and human eating on the inside.

The old V looked more serious and chilling like the scene where they were meat packaging humans fro lizard consumption and using a huge water pipe sucking water from the lake up to the mother ship.

Michael (11 years ago) Reply

looks good to me, concept can work...

ceti (11 years ago) Reply

I'm not sure about this. I loved V particularly as it stood against fascism, and made its politics clear from the get-go by paralleling the Salvadoran guerrillas and the later Resistance. Turning Juliet into an DHS agent? Looks more like a re-imagining that turns the original on its head.