Christopher Webster [Celluloid 04.01.09] movie trailer news scifi action fantasy

Ever wondered what Farscape and Hellraiser's lovechild would look like if it watched too much Chronicles of Riddick? Yeah, I thought you did. Well, I think it would look a lot like Jeremiah Sayys' Legends of Nethiah, an insane looking new scifi feature that defies all attempts at explanation.

We don't know much about the plot but from what I can tell it's about a warrior who is captured and held in a strange prison where creatures can play with his mind and destroy his resolve. It also looks like he may be a gladiator of sorts, or made to fight as one.

The trailer is stunning and reminds me a lot of, as I said above, a Farscape episode that I can't quite remember the name of. Maybe the one where Scorpius tells Crighton his backstory about his life as a Scaron prisoner? Anyway, check out the wicked trailer after the break.

entizari (11 years ago) Reply

wow, it really does look like what 'Farscape and Hellraiser's lovechild would look like if it watched too much Chronicles of Riddick'. they should quote you in their advertising, agentorange.

not sure it really grabs me, but I hope for the film's sake, the acting isn't as annoying as Farscape's (where most of the cast constantly seemed like they were either on Ecstasy or Speed the whole time.)

rek (11 years ago) Reply

It's a hard sell with a main character who looks like a burn victim left in the tub too long.

ForgottenFilms (11 years ago) Reply

Kind of grabs me. Entizari, I couldn't disagree more with your Farscape opinion.
Seems like you've not watched the whole show.
I could be wrong though.

And Rek, I totally disagree with you.

I hope they clean it up in Post Production, you can see shadows on the backdrop of the "starry night sky" when the lightening flashes. probably only see it on late night sci fi channel if at all

SS (11 years ago) Reply

I wanted to like this trailer however I don't. Forcing weak action scenes down the viewers throat coupled with no plot doesn't make for a good pitch. Hopefully the movie is better.

Icarus (11 years ago) Reply

Another tragic attempt from Russ Emanuel. Does the think audiences don't need quality production value, believable acting, and a plot that doesn't insult the intelligence of anyone watching? Who keeps giving this guy money to make, at best, catastrophic anti-cinematic failures?

Wow... I was watching the teaser trailer and couldn't wait for it to end. I *might* watch this on the SyFy or Space Channel sometime... late at night... if I can't get to sleep. Then again, I might just lay there in the dark and concentrate on getting to sleep.

Morgan F. Davis Worstborn (10 years ago) Reply

I always wondered what happened to Powder after he got struck by lightening running through the field. Just never imagined he would be taking steroids and doing time in prison.