quietearth [Film Festival 01.30.09] movie news thriller crime

Angry email from the production company aside, I'm starting to warm up a bit to this whole "how the hell did this get into Berlinale?" thing. Yes, David Carradine is in it and I like him, but he'll do pretty much anything, but beyond that we already detailed Lommel does mid-grade horror which Lionsgate puts out straight to dvd. Anyways, we now have a full synopsis courtesy of the Berlinale fest along with a still, and a behind the scenes video with footage from the film.

Southern Texas. Savannah and Cooper, a young couple in love, drive through the desert in a black 70s Cadillac convertible. Unaware that they are being followed, they check into a motel at the Mexican border. When Savannah leaves to buy food, a cop sneaks into the room, pulls his gun on Cooper, accuses him of murder and tries to arrest him. But Savannah, who had become suspicious, manages to turn the tables: she surprises the cop, ties him up and frees Cooper. But just as the young lovers jump into their car, a stranger steps out of the shadows and kills Cooper at point blank ... Three weeks later. Hollywood, California. In a hotel suite overlooking the Sunset Strip, a man is being waterboarded by a private detective. The information he needs is: “who killed Babyface?” When the man refuses to cooperate and shows nothing but contempt for his captor, the tortur continues. Layer by layer, the truth about Cooper alias Babyface is revealed. A complex web of murder, revenge, atonement and forgiveness unfolds, culminating in the ultimate question: what is the definition of absolute evil?

Still and bts after the break.

Agathe and Victor (10 years ago) Reply

this is the worst film we've ever seen !
you know from the start that this movie is catastrophe.

mio (10 years ago) Reply

I have never experienced such a big gap between "Anspruch" and reality!
I'm sorry for anybody, who wasted their time and talent for this "film". I'm embarrassed for the creator's. Painfully bad. I'm still in shock...

Nikolaj (10 years ago) Reply

We were FOUR guys in shock when we saw it - all wondering whether this was purposefully badly made - because noone could make a movie this painfully awful without TRYING to.

this film hides an incredible message. Is the drama of guiltyness and the fear that guiltyness can be stronger than love.

charlene zavacky (10 years ago) Reply

I liked it. I thought it was an inciteful love story.The 2 unknown leads won't be unknown for long. I believed their connection and liked the fact that we didn't have to hear what we were seeing. The dialogue was believeable to me as well. What do you people have against love and forgiveness? The message was succintly clear.

It's not bad, I actually enjoyed it. A lot different from Lommel's other new films. Good to see that he still has his talent, after all these low-budget horror films. Not as good as some of his older movies, but still good for sure.