quietearth [Celluloid 03.14.08] movie news drama

When I see a foreign film with a guy in a yellow bunny suit sitting next to a woman in a mushroom suit, my interest is immediately piqued. Blending some great cinematography with a Russian folk tale setting, director Slava Ross has created something which seems to speak volume about Russian depression. The story reolves around an actor who's spent the last ten years playing the role of a rabbit in a dilapidated childrens theater. He's divorced, and he knows this is his last role. Trailer and full synopsis following!

"Actor Arcady has spent the last ten years playing the role of a Rabbit in a ramshackle children's theatre in a small provincial town is Russia. The demoralized actors play mundane roles and chase lost dreams with vodka and despair. He understands that the role of the Rabbit will be the only part in his actor’s life, but his soul cries out for real art. The only person who admires him is a young actress playing the part of a Mushroom. One day a sponsor appears in the theatre, the owner of several sausage shops. He offers money for a new performance and unexpectedly Arcady gets the leading role. The Rabbit experiences fleeting happiness until they begin to interfere on set.
Can Arcady hold on to his self-esteem or even his life?"

This film is advertised by Echelon. I feel bad for Slave Ross, because he got heated and will never see a dime for this film. So many people are suing Echelon company and Eric Louzil who never pays anyone a dime, ever. Before dealing with him, check him out, please! He is a slippery scumbag, and you will never get paid, I know from personal experience.

eric louzil is a crook. owes money to lots of people who have judgments against him. Money hidden all over the world. Involved with rgh/lion, echelon studio. Beware

ECHELON STUDIO ADVERTISES THIS FILM AND ERIC ECHELON, CEO IS A CON ARTIST. LAWSUITS UP THE GAZOO AND HIDES MONEY ALL OVER WORLD SO AS NOT TO PAY. BEWARE OF THIS PERSON.

Eric Louzil advertises this film. he is CEO of Echelon. Has been evicted for non payment of buiding he rented. Has legal writs for monies owed and hides it in various places. Do not do business with him or RGH/Lion or signa.

Eric louzil is a great guy and Echelon Studios is a great company. I have received numerous payments for my films from Echelon Studios. These posts are obviously from a filmmaker who has made a film that cannot be sold by anyone.

Derek Anunciation (10 years ago) Reply

I sold 300 films to STARZ for Eric louzil and he did not pay me. I have a judgement against him as well. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH ERIC LOUZIL! or ECHELON! YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Lots of bitter people who are not straight... I have gotten paid by Eric Louzil and Echelon actually represents my films well... I have a low budget film, well made and I've received a lot for it that no other company would have given me... Echelon does well even in tough markets... So I disagree with these biased statements from producers with very poor movies

I have done numerous deals with Echelon and Eric Louzil has paid me for each of them. I do not understand where all of these people get their information from. Could it be that you are old employees that shouldn't have been hired in the first place or maybe you just make crap films. These people are all bitter with films that they should have never made in the first place. If you plan to make a worthless film that most people will never watch because it is complete garbage, do not expect to get paid for something that even a 3rd world country with one tv would not watch. I have been to their office and spoke with their helpful staff over 10 times. I will continue to do business with them and the people above need to stop crying like little babies.

This last guy is obviously Louzil himself coz this scumbag owes me thousands of dollars and then disappears. he doesnt answer phone or mail. He exploits filmmakers knowing they have no money to take him to court. But he oughta know he's messing with the wrong filmmaker right now...

megan (9 years ago) Reply

Eric and everyone involved is scum... Eric wrote the above email about him as a great guy ... he sleeps with people who work for him ... he steals money from producers ... he has over 45 judgements against him and banned from AFM for non payment ... stay away from this person

Eric is a great guy and it's obvious that the people that put up the above insults are self serving idiots. Echelon Studios is a great company and I have made lots of money from them distributing my film.

Nope (9 years ago) Reply

Let's be very, very clear... Eric Louzil is most definitely a dishonest scum bag who has taken advantage of many low budget filmmakers. If you are considering having his company represent your film, you might as well just set yourself on fire -- it'll be a lot more direct and honest.

This guy owes me 140K for a film he sold and received the money. Never got it, got a judgment, changed the name of his company from Echelon Entertainment to Studios. Hides his money, keeps everything under his wife's name. Total crook and trying to hunt him down. Will get him eventually. Just a matter of time. Either legally or otherwise.

Firestorm (8 years ago) Reply

It's interesting seeing and reading all these people discussing the corporate thief that is Eric Louzil. It's even more interesting seeing the people defending him who talk about films he handled which paid them money... which films? The guy's a leech, a terrorist... ERIC LOUZIL IS A THIEF.

The Yellow Wood (8 years ago) Reply

I have a film with Echelon Studios as well. I have never seen a dime and I know the film is being sold. He and his company never answer calls, emails etc. DO NOT DO business with this scam artist. I am in the process of filing a lawsuit for copyright infringement and breach of contract. Put the word out there film makers... This guy is bad news and as a shady scum bag as distributers come.

Cthulhu (8 years ago) Reply

Forget the law suits. Eric Louzil is guilty of international piracy and counterfeiting in clear violation of international copyright laws and many other laws. Eric Louzil must be charged and prosecuted for each count along with all the other participants in the international organized criminal empire that involves corrupt mega conglomerate corporations and companies of the Illuminati Dark Cabal Euro-American shadow government that are profiting from the sales and rentals of counterfeit copies of Eric Louzil pirated movies, from the top leaders of those companies down to the lowest peons, each charged, prosecuted, and sentenced according to their participation. Your movies are being replicated in the UK illegally on VHS tapes, DVDs in the format for the EU and IN markets, and streamed. Try using search engines to find your titles. I keep much of my evidence posted at
and at
If anything is deleted or missing it gets reposted and I check back often. Make your own accounts to do the same and keep the backups for relaoding in email accounts. Ebay does not sell items as ebay, so I have not posted evidence against ebay, but the EU part of ebay does have my title. Most of the offending companies are in the UK and some in India, but amazon/LOVEFiLM is owned by billionaire Jeffrey P. Bezos (Lex Luthor) who pays millions in graft labeled as lobbying to the USA government to have laws written or rewritten to support his growing evil empire and to have his illegal international criminal activities ignored by the corrupt #FBI and other corrupt policing agencies that are mandated and highly paid with public funds to investigate such crimes! The corrupt #MPAA will also ignore you because they only serve the corrupt corporate members of the Illuminati Dark Cabal you will find listed at
Law suits are useless. Florida, the most corrupt state in the USA, will do nothing to enforce and collect any judgments made in a civil court. No one is ever required or forced to pay any money owed by the judgment of a lawsuit. The only winner in the cases of lawsuits is the legal system ripping off the public. You should all do as I have done and post your movies on the internet to be watched for free. Only suckers, "born every minute", will waste any real money buying or renting a counterfeit after that. The #FBI loves to do grand stands of taking down the trivial street vendors of counterfeits that set up on street corners, which are highly publicized by Dark Cabal Illuminati owned media companies, but will do nothing against the major criminals like Jeffrey P. Bezos (Lex Luthor) who even has a listing for used counterfeits of my title in the UK format for $30 on his amazon.com site. Too bad all the rest of you were too chicken shit to post a way for me to contact you.