quietearth [Celluloid 11.10.06] post apocalyptic

Well it looks like the BBC is in talks with the Terry Nation estate to do a remake of the hit post apocalyptic show Survivors. I've been watching this one lately and am about finished with season 2, and I have to say I hope this happens because it's one of my favorites! It does only mention 6 60 minute episodes though. The original article is located at:

Rich S (15 years ago) Reply

Hmm, I'm also a fan of this show although I havent seen all of the episodes yet / recently.

I just hope that they can do it justice, I'm not a huge fan of remakes, especially when they end up with the only similarity being the name and genre. Still, as long as they don't blame the plague on a terrorist plot I'll be happy to see something new.

quietearth (15 years ago) Reply

I also feel the same, why remake something so good? I'm hardpressed to think of a remake that was anywhere near as good as the original..

p fargus (15 years ago) Reply

just finished watching all three series of survivors ,brilliant to watch again ,im looking foreward to the bbc remaking the series and hope they go ahead with it ,if they remake survivors and its as good as the remake of doctor who then cant wait to see it.

I have all the original series on DVD and loved watching it again - fantastic series. I was excited to see in a newspaper that the BBC would be remaking this. I checked out the new cast and have to say I wont be watching it when it is shown in the Autumn as the racist BBC has done its usual thing of ensuring 3 out of the 5 main characters are non white. Clearly another example of the BBC and its criminal racist casting. Cant wait to leave the UK so Im not forced to pay money to this evil institution.

Watched it on Sunday - Nine main characters, five of whom are ethnic minorities - fewer than one in ten people in the UK are from an ethnic minority, so out of the nine main characters, none should be non white. How come the BBC has excluded white actors and instead picked minorities on purpose. I wont have a racist programme like this on my TV.

I didn't exist when the original series was made, but I have now watched the remakes first 3 episodes and I can't wait to see the next one.

I don't watch much TV, so I don't know how common it is for the BBC to include ethnic minorities, but people from these minorities pay their license fees and deserve to see people they can ethnically relate to on BBC programs.

As for the person who called the BBC an "evil institution", please leave the UK asap - our country will be a better place without selfish racists like you.