Christopher Webster [Celluloid 05.03.17] post apocalyptic scifi animation thriller western adventure

Sony has dropped the first trailer for their massive adaptation of Stephen King's crazy post-apocalyptic western sci-fi extravaganza The Dark Tower and it's like a dream come true!

The film is directed by Nikolaj Arcel and written by Akiva Goldsman, Jeff Pinkner, Anders Thomas Jensen.

Synopsis:
The Dark Tower series tells the story of Roland Deschain, Mid-World’s last gunslinger, who is traveling southeast across Mid-World’s post-apocalyptic landscape, searching for the powerful but elusive magical edifice known as The Dark Tower.

Located in the fey region of End-World, amid a sea of singing red roses, the Dark Tower is the nexus point of the time-space continuum. It is the heart of all worlds, but it is also under threat. Someone, or something, is using the evil technology of the Great Old Ones to destroy it.

Idris Elba, Tom Taylor and Matthew McConaughey star in the film directed by Nikolaj Arcel. Abbey Lee, Fran Kranz, Jackie Earle Haley, Katheryn Winnick and Claudia Kiim co-star.

Recommended Release: The Dark Tower Boxed Set

Follow Christopher Webster on Twitter.

Genius (7 months ago) Reply

Rob Howard I have faith in you!!!

You created Willow and I consider that one of the best movies of all time!

Wondering how Jake is special in this film.

Christopher (7 months ago) Reply

Ron Howard left the project! But I agree with you. Go Willow!

The director of this is Nikolaj Arcel... which I should have added to the article.

Genius (7 months ago) Reply

Ron Howard Left the project?
Crap!
I didn't follow this well enough.
Nikolaj Arcel directed it....
Man my Willow!
Damn!

Genius (7 months ago) Reply

mmmm...he is more known as a writer then a director...I should have remembered who he was as I saw the original Girl With Dragon Tattoo Movies.

stellar (6 months ago) Reply

this looks really bad in comparison to the books, but i'm still hoping this will make a profit so the further installments can delve into the book. I'm also surprised that the man in black i.e. walter i.e. randal flagg, has supernatural powers as it is revealed later in the book series that he's just a con artist working for the dark side. oh yeah and he worked alone not with a group of orcs. oh and he's as refered to in the books as the man in black, (cuz he wears all black), and yet he's not wearing all black. So dont feel bad genius, looks like the director didnt follow the this project well enuff either. lol

aladdin sarsippious sulemanagic jackson iii (4 months ago) Reply

the old akiva goldsman kiss
of death

heard film is terrible

how many books and remakes
can this fool destroy?

he must have the hollyweird
version of pizzagate going