Christopher Webster [Cathode Ray Mission 05.02.12] apocalyptic

Remember Jericho? Damn, that takes me back. Well, the long defunct PA show is reportedly so popular on Netflix that the streaming service has approached CBS about bringing it back — and word is that CBS is actually considering it.

Since it was announced that Arrested Development would come out of retirement and onto Netflix, the company's name has been thrown around a lot in terms of possibly bringing back cancelled shows. And while early rumblings about Terra Nova proved fruitless, there seems to be something here.

The post-apocalyptic drama that followed residents of a small Kansas town in the wake of a nuclear attack, has been off the air since 2008.

What do you think? More Jereicho? Or did the show wrap itself up nicely after coming back for it's short 7 episode run after the Nuts campaign gave it a last gasp?

Via: TV Guide

keithb1984 (5 years ago) Reply

My father and brother are die hard Jericho Fans... actually my father contributed to the Nuts campaign. I say bring it back! Maybe consider Sarah Connor Chronicles while they are at it!

donc48 (5 years ago) Reply

I saw this on Megaton's site this morning. I'm not hopeful if Jericho could be brought back A&E or SYFY would have done it. As I understand Jerocho is a graphic novel. I just don't think it will go much beyond that. God I hope I'm wrong!!!

deltascot (5 years ago) Reply

While this would be awesome news only if the same cast came back, I highly doubt that NetFlix will do it. Why? They have said the same thing about several different shows and nothing came of it...

Charles Widmore (5 years ago) Reply

Netfllix could make this work because it already has a built-in streaming audience, and Skeet Ulrich is available.

Phoebe (5 years ago) Reply

Ooh this would be so awesome! Several of my friends and I were real diehard Jericho fans. I would love to see what happens next.

98pounds (5 years ago) Reply

So many other more original ideas out there. Let it go people...

ratkeeper (5 years ago) Reply

Netflix approached CBS about Jericho and they have been in talks since at least February. The producers want the show to return and so do the cast. Some of the cast members have started posting encouraging comments on twitter and facebook.

Jericho's Season 3: Civil War graphic novel sold out in February and is now in a second printing. The season 4 comic will publish the first issue right after Comic Con.

Johnf572 (6 months ago) Reply

I am so grateful for your blog article.Really thank you! Fantastic. dbbeedfgbadf